June 8, 2011

Dusseldorf

Very slowly I will write here about my big Italian journey. But firstly I have to mention my first stop that I had in German city Dusseldorf (on my way to Italy I had stop there for 10 hours).

Dusseldorf met me with awful weather, I even didn't want to leave the airport (which is simply amazing). But walking around airport for ten hours didn't attract me, so I bought some worm clothes (because it was +13 and rain outside!) and went to the city. I have to say that while planing going to Italy I didn't think what to do in Dusseldorf, that's why I arrived to city without any Idea where to go or what to do.

What did I see in the city? Buildings, churches, bridges - everything so typical for Germany that I was totally bored with it. But also I didn't see any history in this city, any spirit, what for me very important.

Totally disappointed I decided to do only one stop before going back to the airport : I wanted to see Rein (river).
Maybe weather influents me a lot or for germans historical center and "zentrum" are different places, but when I saw DuDo from the river side I almost fell in love with this city. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to enjoy that place, but I did have enough time to change my mind about the city.

At the end i understand that Germany isnt "my country". Ive seen 4 different cities and so far liked only Berlin, but Berlin isnt Germany. For me Germany is too right, everything is in the order, is very clean. At least Im russian, i need some mess in the world around me)