June 10, 2011

Milano, dream city

I finally understood that this trip was an excellent idea on my way to Milano: at the moment when I saw Italy on the sunset from my plane.

In Milano I only planed to visit Cenacolo Vinciano, because it was my dream since I heard about it for the first time, well, I think it is really useless to describe my filings about it - it was just amazing, but it isnt for everybody)

But before going there I decided to visit castle of Milano. Honestly, I expected to see something like Louvre or Hermitage, but there was a real medieval castle! It was another my dream that came true in Milano! Near this castle there is quuite nice garden, but you can find this nice garden close to every palace in Europe)

After I went to see Cenacolo Vinciano (as i wrote before) and than i headed to the main Milan's landmark - Duomo. On my way i passed several street full of shops and russian turists who were fighting for discounts - how i love my country XD

But soon i saw Duomo and, well, It is very hard to describe it: just imagine the most beautiful cathedral that you can and it will be Duomo di Milano. When you look at it it seems like it is made from light and clouds. From the inside it wasnt as much beautiful as from outside, but what i was really interested was going upstairs to the roof! To do it you can use stairs or elevator. Memorising my Hamburg experience with going upstairs i decided to do it by stairs again - guys, i almost died there! But the view was amazing, well, i believe that e best point to see the city is the highest point - and in Milano it is Duomo)

What else did i do there? I tried my first Gelato Italiano that was an orgasm for my mouth and italian panini,after wich i forgot about ones ate in Moscow) Also i got totally lost without any people around me, but i ended up near some veeeery old church need which my host found me)

At the evening my host tought me how to cook Fritata di Macaroni (if i have good mood ill share with you one day) and also we talked about food a lot (as you can see i LOVE food) XD

What can I say about Milano? It was the first italian city i had seen and of course i loved it at that moment with all it's tiny streets, endless number of shops, too many tourists, and too many cars? what was really charming. But now i can say, that comparing to other italian cities Milan is too commercial, you cant feel real italy there, what is really important for me.