February 5, 2012

How i got stuck in Budapest

I love Europe, it is so unstable today, you never know what to expect XD

So, on my way home i had 18 hours stopin Budapest, and i asked some couchsurfers to host me and to show around fastly. My hosts were very nicecouple. Guy even met me at the airport, because i was sogood in getting lost. He said that as i have only one night in Budapest i had togo out - not a problem, sowe went to the karaoke. But the problem was that i cought a cold in Vienna, so i had no voice, and instead of beer and singing i was drinking hot tea and whispering XD Anyway it was fun

Next day we woke up early and the first think i heard was the news that the wonderful Malevairlines that i had to take ran bankrupt. Yay! Finally Europe understood that it needed me and didnt want to let me go,but unfortunately my visa was about to expire, so i was looking for the new cheap tickets, and found it for the next day, but when i was buying it there was some mistake on their web site, so themoney on my bank account were blocked but i didn't have ticket. And here my wonderful host family helped me a lot, they called to the office, to Poland and solved the problem. But because of this i had almost two more days in Budapest, so we went for the sightseeing.

Budapest is really beautiful, architecture is great, it is very clean, very friendly, the only thing that was confusing me there were russian metro trains (legacy of Soviet Union) XD We walked all around Pest part of the city, went to some open market where we took some hot wine and etc.


Budapest is devided in two parts Buda and Pest, once they were different cities, but not today. Also all the city is full of different strange sculptures, like in Reykjavik. And what i liked about it, there are not that much tourists, so you can see the real city. Also public transport works really good, but they check your tickets always, except day time in trams XD

At evening my hosts took me to their friend's birthday party after what we went to the very fancy club Moulin Rouge (Pariiiis is following me) with very cool mis of 80-s music. In that club i was shoked by men there - hey dont try to grab your ass, actually if they want to dance with you they do it in a very nice, a bit old fashioned way, and after italy i was really shoked by it XD

Next day we went to the Buda part of the city, that is famous for its main church, that really was great. But this day was snowing for the first tme during the winter (how lucky i am) and it wasn't that nice outside, so we took some very good hot chocolateand went home where my host Zsuzsi cooked some traditional Hungarian food - i loved my hosts there)

And inseveral hours i was on the plane to Warsaw where chocolate liquor and chocolate helped me tomake night shorter, andnext morning i was in Moscow)

Actually there was another story with my tickets, i think because of the mostake on th website system doubled my surname and onmy ticket my name looked like "EkaterinaGoncharova Goncharova", and there were possibility that my ticket wasn't valid, but at the endeverything was ok and i am home now XD