September 7, 2010

Helsinki



Ok, I'm at ho,me for two days already but only today i repaired my internet. Now i want to write about the end of my great trip: two days in Helsinki, ferry and St. Peterburg. 
Well, after two happy days in Reykjavik, when we were saying goodbye to each other, and very sad departing from this city i came to Helsinki. Some years before i visited this city but i didn't remember a lot about it, that's why i decided to spend there two days. You know i wasn't disappointed about my decision. It is quite small but very interesting city. Two centuries ago all Finland was a part of Russia, that's why Helsinki remanded me of St. Peterburg. 
At the first day my host (very nice but shy man) showed me very beautiful island where we were walking for a several hours. At the second day i visited Suomelina island (one of the the oldest marine fortresses). It was very windy and quite cold this day day but i liked this place. At 7 p.m. I had my ferry to St. Peterburg, that's why i came to the port at 5 and was staying in a queue for more then hour. I must say that ferry was much more better than i expected. Everything was ok there =)
The next day at morning i came to the north capital of Russia. I must say that i don't like this city, and i didn't want to go there but i had to. So i had to spend there around 14 hours. It seems that this city wasn't glad to see me too, because the all day long it was rain. 
I don't know what else i can tell you about it, because now i try to get used to thought that i'm not at Iceland any more.

P.S. In the next post I'll write about results of this trip and it's influence =)