February 7, 2011

Bye bye Hamburg

Very spicy thai food 
I can say that yesterday was my best day in Hamburg. Do you remember that i wrote about one guy from CS who helped me with tour around Hamburg? Yesterday i finally met with him: he took me to the center, made city tour to some other parts of the city, showed me the biggest cemetery in the world, took me to the thai, indian and hamburg restaurant and told me a lot about this city. And he took me to the theater to see operetta with traditional hamburger songs  - it was really funny eve if i didn't understand a word))) Oh and also he showed local street where a lot of people who are connected with art live, and in summer they make concerts there, but at winter it didn't look so gorgeous)
here i tried traditional
hamburger sausage 
All this places (except cemetery) were situated in the Schanzenviertel district, what is like St. Pauli (red light district) but this one is quiet and there are no prostitutes))
cemetery
And the cemetery (Ohlsdorfer Friedhof) looked really great, it was big and beautiful, but also there is one funny thing about it - around this cemetery there are a lot of stores that somehow are connected with death, so i saw a discount store there)))

And today I'll just do some shopping and buy souvenirs, but tomorrow i'm going to Frankfurt where i will see my good friend Alejandro. Lebe wohl Hamburg!
And now i want to share with you some interesting facts about Hamburg that  found out)
art street


  • Here is the biggest cemetery in the world 
  • Here is the only one patrol station n the world that sells more liters of alcohol than of patrol (guess where it is situated)))
  • Here is the one way street to the both directions (can't understand it? I'll explain - it works to the one direction from 12 p.m till 4 a.m. and to than to another)
  • World famous company Nivea started here (after i found out it i bought a lot of its production)))
  • Hamburg is the richest city in Germany