February 6, 2011

Welcome to Berlin

I spent almost three days in berlin and i must say that this city is just amazing! oh god, i already miss it.
To go to berlin i took a bus from Hamburg (45 euro only there and back) - never do it. German people don't know that it must be warm in the car that's why the temperature in the bus was around +4. Than i arrived to the main bus station in berlin - it was quite confusing because i immediately got lost. Thanks god my host was very passioned and kind and told how to get to the subway.  I must say that public transport system is awful here, even worst than in hamburg.
When i finally met my host we went to see some main landmarks of the city. I liked berlin much more than hamburg. Berlin is very bright, there is a lot of space there and weather is better) We saw Reichstags, berlin wall, Brandenburg gates, tv tower, and many other places (you can find all of them in the city tour))
Than we went to my host's place. I didn't expect that it will be a campus))
Next day i spent walking through the city alone - i saw the biggest part of the berlin wall, museum island and museum of modern art which is called Hamburg railway station (weather became worth when i came to this museum))). Everything there was strange but the good thing that i saw original works of Andy Warhol. It is worth of spending some time there. And don't forget to take any prove that you are student - with it you'll have 50% discount in all museums.
When i get home at evening my host told that we are going to CS party or even two)) It was crazy. I met a lot of people from all over the world, we talked about so stuff and drank a lot. I don't remember how but somewhere the the middle of night they asked me to give them a russian lesson (actually a lot of people there spoke russian more or less). Then we went to another party where everyone was drunk already) Some guy from Luxembourg decided to propose me, and german people asked me to teach them rules of drinking vodka))) But when all of them went sleep, me, my host (who lived in russia for more than year) and his friend turned on russian rock music and sang some songs)))
Next day i slept till  2 (for the first time in my life i put on alarm so late)), and went to the main bus station)
Oh, i miss berlin so much...