August 6, 2011

Catania, or how i felt in love with volcano

I got so tired of Palermo that i crossed all Sicily just to visit biggest city there - Catania. I took a bus - and it is the only right way, because trains are so bad and slowly that you need a day to get from one place to another)

What can i say about Catania? It is so different from Palermo, i love this place. Even sea here is less solty and prices are lower) The first day my host took me to the beach at Aci-Castello, where you can see black medieval castle) And after at night time we went around city - that was very beautiful, friendly and calm. Here i understood that i got really tired of italian men, i think italy could be perfect for me without them XD

Second day in Catania became my best day there - we went to Etna. ETNA! I felt like in Iceland again! And Etna was erupting....Oohh, i felt so free there, i just was running around up and down like a kid - i loved that place! And colors, they are crazy there - brown, green, black, red, all together, all around.... And because we were high it wasnt that hot there. After we went to canyon with very beautiful waterfall and very cold water) There my host tought me how to play sicilian card game Scopa and lost me breakfast))

Next day we were walking around city. If you dont know the name of some place in there it is probably named after Bellini - the famous compose from Catania, really, try it) Also city is full of baroque architecture and churches, almost one building out of ten) In the very center they have elephant monument, because somehow elephant is the symbol of the city) But all of this isnt as interesting as nightlife inthere - at night we went to the beach party! Dont forget im from cold Moscow, beach party always sounded a bit unreal for me.  It was crazy night with alcohol, sea, Etna's eruption and strange man who came out of the water fully dressed

But next morning i was on my way to Palermo