July 5, 2011

Brescia

Do you know anything about Brescia? I also didn't, that's why I decided to go there. The first time Id just  passed this city on my way to the first project, but i decided to come back and it was a right decision.

I arrived there with my back pack at morning, but meeting with my host was only at evening, so i hoped to leave my luggage at railway station and walk around, but no, they didnt have any place for luggage, so i had to carry it on me all the time - good escersizig after 3 weeks of drinking and eating all the time)

Well, I can say that this city is pretty nice: it is very quite, not touristic at all, and very medieval, what I just love. Main landmarks there are new and old duomo and also castle, traditional medieval castle (i got lost on my way there and my host had to look for me), much more medieval than one in Milano. City center is very small, so you can make all of it in one day just by foot, what I actually did  =)

also there are some temples, but they are nothing compering to the castle and all buildings around, that really look like they came through ages without any changing.

Also I went around the city at night, but actually it didn't impress me, what is really strange because usually i love to see nightlightes and how the city changes.

So, if you have one free day and you are found of medieval culture just go there and take some wine at the duomo square? otherwise - dont waste your time there)