July 30, 2011

Roma, again

So, as you remember, when i was in Siena my friend Lena called me and invited to meet in Rome. So here i am, in Rome.

I have to write couple of words about this girl. We met because of volunteer organization World4U, at their annual autumn meeting. That summer both of us were in italy, but in its different parts, and something made her come to Rome the same time when i was around it =)

So, she met me near my train, we were so so happy to see each other, but there was a big problem - we didn't know which language to talk! Both of us spoke english way too much, so speaking russian became unnatural for us, oh, shame on us XD

So, she couldnt stay with me that evening, because she aready had some plans, but she gave me contacts of my host. I must say that before Rome she was in Sicily and i think that place influenced her a lot, because instead of my host's contacts, she gave me her host's ones (whose phone was dieing). So, when i came to meet my host, he wasn't there, but some guy called me and sayed that my host's phone is off and that he is waiting for me outside the metro station... Hm, "there is something wrong", thought i, and right, in a couple of minutes another guy called me and sayed that he was my host and that he was waiting for me at the other station. Mamma mia, i spent like 20 minutes figuring out who had to go where, but at the end everything was gooood)

I spent all my next day with my wonderful Lena, we were just talkingtalkingtalking about our trips, shared our feeling and impression, well, girly stuff)

Next day was my last day in Rome. Lena went to the seaside and i was just wondering aroud when i heard charming sounds of The Beatles music at the street - it was street group from Germany The Streetless: two cute (even if i dont like germans) guys who sing and play really good music at the streets. After small talk to them i went to take the best gelato in the world at San Crispino (via di Panteon and turn left) - ginger and cinnamon together in gelato are wonreful! And after i headed to the airport. What for? You will see)