July 9, 2011

Padova, city of discoverys

When i came to Padova i had no idea what i should do there (actually i just wanted to die, because of previous night).

the only photo of myself that was possible to take that day)
I found some map at the train station where were marked all main landmarks (there were a lot!), and because of this map i memorised that my favourite Giotto started to work in Padova. Of course i couldn't skip visiting church, that was painted by him (imagine how bad i love art if i did it with my headache!XD). Do you remember what I've written about Cenacolo Vinciano? I had almost the same feelings about Giotto's work. It was incredible! Also with the same ticket the you can enter two other museums. "Why not?" I said (anyway, it was too hot outside and i really needed a calm place) and went to Pinacoteca, that happened to be the biggest and the emptiest Pinacoteca that I've ever visited. Yes, yes, i walked (not walked, more or less i was crowling around) there totally alone - pretty interesting experience i must say)

What i really love about this city - is that it is not touristic at all, sometimes you really feel that you are surrounded only by Italians! But ireally didnt get it, because for me Padova was on of the most beautifull place in all Italy, i even thought about moving there someday))

Galileo's tower and my second church's outfit
But after mucking about Padova and suffering i finally met my host, who took me home, where i was almos reborn after nice fresh shower. So we went to the city again, but that time my host was showing me everything: the oldest italian university, main square that was magnificent, churches - all this turistic stuff) Actually, there was pretty old church that i wanted to enter, but what a pity, i was wearing shorts - and it is veto for italian churches!

Next day i specially put on long jeans to enter it, but, fuck, that time my sleaves were too short. oooh, challange accepted - and i went to by a scarf just to enter that church, and yes, i saucceed! BTW it really worthed it, to be honest, i even felt a strong desire to pray there, so, be carefull)

What else? Hm, for it was also interesting that famous Galileo Galilei spent almost all his life in Padova, he founded phisics faculty in local university and also in the astronomical tower, that he worked in, there is an astronomical faculty now (what a convincidence!)

I loved this place because it was full of students = full of life, but i think it must pretty boring there when all students go to their vacations, but who knows, who knows...